The New Ultimaker 3
With Ultimaker 3’s advanced capability to print complex geometries using industrial-grade materials right from the desktop, users gain freedom of design never before accessible in the professional environment. Fully integrated hardware, software and materials configuration, as well as full settings alignment, ensures both efficient workflow and precision print results.
Ultimaker 3 New Features
With the Ultimaker 3, professional and reliable 3D printing is now available for multiple users across the organization. Ultimaker 3 provides:
- An unlimited number of geometry options thanks to its new dual extrusion system that allows the freedom to produce more complex outputs in a full range of engineering materials, including Nylon and dissolvable PVA, and two color. The impact: design is not constrained, opening up opportunities for experimentation, creativity and innovation.
- High uptime and maximum performance due to material-matching print core design, enabling users to switch cores optimized for Ultimaker’s own industry-grade materials in seconds. The impact: repeatable, high quality output is achieved in a low-maintenance environment.
- Enhanced printer automation that eliminates the guesswork from printing prep. Smart material detection through NFC technology, as well as active bed leveling, tunes Ultimaker 3 to the best possible settings for specific materials and corrects level errors. The impact: anyone, regardless of their role within the business or skillset, can produce a consistently perfect model every time.
- Advanced connectivity through integrated Wi-Fi capabilities, in addition to USB and Ethernet connections, results in seamless access across the organization. A built-in camera, connected to open source software CURA allows for remote monitoring of print output. The impact: organizations achieve efficient workflow and access across users.
The New Ultimaker 3 Print Head
Dual extrusion: Combine build and water-soluble support materials to create complex mechanical parts and intricate surfaces or choose to print with two colors. Ultimaker 3’s unique auto nozzle-lifting system ensures a smooth, professional finish with every print
New Ultimaker 3 Print Core System
- Swappable print cores: Faster print core changes mean higher uptime and easier maintenance. Your Ultimaker 3 comes with 2 x print cores for build (AA) and 1 x support (BB) materials. There’s a customised nozzle geometry per material – ensuring lower clogging risks and a more reliable 3D printing experience.
- New optimized cooling: Ultimaker 3 has a powerful, low-noise fan system. Featuring two new radial fans and fan shrouds, it creates greater pressure build-up for an improved airflow. This ensures better cooling, high quality bridging, faster print runs and smooth print surfaces
- LED status indicators: Print core LED lights ensure an optimized 3D printing experience by alerting if any user interaction is needed
The Ultimaker 3 PrintCore in Depth
Ultimaker 3's new Printcore is a swappable cartridge that is based in the print head. The print core is the entire hot-end with a chip build in that communicates and synches with the printer. It features accurate temperature reading, maintain the perfect temperature for an even better quality print. Better 3D printing results, with new silicone cover to stop filament leaking into the extruder, making it more reliable and durable
Print Cores which has been designed to work with dedicated materials, have been intensively tested to have maximum uptime and minimum maintenance.
There are Two PrintCores Available
- PrintCore AA - for all building materials (PLA, ABS, CPE, Nylon)
- PrintCore BB- Specially Designed for PVA.
At launch, the cores will come with 0.4mm nozzles, with more materials and nozzle sizes planned in the future.
Dissolvable Support Material
PVA (Polyvinyl Alcohol) is a water soluble support material for multi-extrusion 3D printing. With a good thermal stability, Ultimaker PVA is ideal for printing complex models that require supports for large overhangs, deep internal cavities, and intricate geometries. Designed for a seamless 3D printing experience, our PVA provides good adhesion to both PLA and Nylon. As a water soluble support material, Ultimaker PVA empowers engineers and designers to create highly detailed surfaces and complex moving mechanical parts in just one run. Coupled with the right build materials and our proven material profiles in Cura for Ultimaker 3, our PVA opens up a whole new world of opportunities for intricate designs and versatile applications.
Industrial Grade Materials
- Ultimaker materials: Print with a wide range of materials, including Nylon, PLA, ABS, CPE and PVA – with material portfolio due to be expanded with CPE+, PC and TPU 95A in the future. Combine two build materials for dual-color 3D prints or achieve state-of-the-art complexity with build and water-soluble support material combinations (Nylon/PVA and PLA/PVA)
- NFC material scanner: Your Ultimaker 3 identifies the material that is being loaded and checks the correspondence of the filament and print core type you are using. Coupled with our extensively tested preconfigured material profiles in Cura, the Ultimaker 3’s material recognition system ensures your 3D printer is set for the highest-quality results
- Open filament system: With our integrated ecosystem of reliable hardware, extensively tested materials and cutting-edge software, you are guaranteed the highest level results and optimized 3D printing experience. Yet, thanks to the Ultimaker open filament system, you have the freedom to try and test other types of existing filaments or manufacture your custom solution that would match your specific requirements
Reliable Dual Geared Feeder SystemGeared feeders exert more force on the filament, and also eliminate heat exposure from the motor. Change your 3D printing materials with ease, select the correct pressure with a push on a button, and use the lever function to manually insert or remove a filament. More control means more successful, reliable and durable 3D print results, without compromise
Unboxing the New Ultimaker 3