Ultimaker Breakaway is a support material for multi-extrusion 3D printing. Breakaway support is quick to remove and does not need further post-processing for a quality finish on your 3D print. Designed for a hassle-free 3D printing experience, Breakaway provides good adhesion to ABS, Nylon, PLA, CPE, or CPE+.
**Available in Australia 12 Jan 2018**
- No sanding or waiting for your support material to dissolve. Simply print and break it away
- Ensures a high-quality surface finish on your model
- Good adhesion to ABS, Nylon, PLA, CPE, or CPE+
- Longer shelf life and less moisture sensitive compared to water-soluble support material, such as PVA
- Ideal for use with build materials that could be sensitive to water
Quick Guide to Removing Ultimaker Breakaway Supports from your 3D Print
Tear: Begin by removing the majority of the inner support structure, using gripping pliers to tear away the interior area.
Pull: Loosen the support from the model around the corners with cutting pliers. Pull the Breakaway support from the model.
Peel: If a layer of support remains, find a loose edge and peel it away from the model. Remove any final traces with pliers or tweezers.
*Note: It is advised to wear protective gloves when the support structure contains sharp corners or when working with bigger models. Further information on how to print and store Ultimaker Breakaway material can be found here.